LES YEUX DU MONDE
W.G. Clark and his Assistant Joshua Stastny designed this Contemporary Art gallery, a piece of sculpture in itself. Owned and directed by Lyn Bolen Warren and set on a hill near Charlottesville with spectacular views to the Blue Ridge, this gallery hosts a new artist each month.
The exhibition space is a luxurious double-height room. Light floods in from the translucent glass block wall and from the multiple, different shaped windows that pierce the walls. Because it’s diffused the light is perfect for displaying art. The rear of the structure is home for the Gallery office on the 1st floor and a studio above for Lyn’s husband and artist, Russ Warren.
- Siding: Corten Steel and MDF plywood
- Roofing: EPDM
- Entry Walk: poured concrete
- Interior floors: oak
- Interior walls and ceilings: drywall, Glass block
- Insulation: Sprayed open cell foam
- Windows: Marvin
- Metal railings and Stair frame: by Charles Yaeger